Thursday, May 14, 2009

The House on Mango Street Book Review

Sandra Cisneros's The House on Mango Street confused me because the book did not really have a story line and the book also felt a little scatter- brained to me.

Esperanza is a girl that has moved around a lot and now lives on Mango Street. She has always dreamed to live in a nice, pretty house that her parents always tell her about, but Esperanza is stuck with a beat up, old house for now. Throughout the book, Esperanza talks about what all happens on Mango Street. She talks about her friends and more.

The attitude or tone of the book just felt informative to me. The House on Mango Street just talked about Esperanza's life and what she dealt with.

I would not recommend The House on Mango Street because the book did not excite me in any way or seem interesting.

No comments: